Methi Bajra Paratha
Parathas always have been a family-favorite treat. Lately I have been trying to make gluten-free breads. A combination of bajra and besan with methi parathas taste delicious. These spicy Methi Bajra Parathas have a biscuit texture, which makes it very enjoyable. They also pair well with gravy-based dishes like Mixed Dal, Aloo Tamatar or you can serve with plain yogurt. You can enjoy these as a proper meal, or even as a great on-the-go lunch! I also enjoy these parathas with just hot cup of chai.This recipe will serve 2, and make 4 Parathas.
- ½ cup millet flour bajra atta
- ½ cup besan
- ½ tsp cumin seeds jeera
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- ¼ tsp turmeric haldi
- ⅛ tsp asafetida hing
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds til
- 1 Tbsp oil
- ¼ cup fenugreek leaves option is using dry leaves
- ½ cup hot water use as needed
- 4 tsp oil to cook the parathas
- Mix all the ingredients for paratha together, millet flour, besan. Cumin, salt, chili flakes, turmeric, asafetida, sesame seeds, oil, and fenugreek leaves. Notes: if you don’t have fresh fenugreek leaves use dry methi known as Kasuri Methi.
- Make the dough using hot water, you will need about 1/2 cup of water. Dough should be firm and pliable. Notes: dough should be prepare just before making paratha.
- Dived the dough into 4 equal parts, oil your palm and roll them between your palms, to make them round petites.
- Heat the skillet on medium high heat. To test, sprinkle a couple of drops of water on the skillet. The water should sizzle right away.
- Roll the paratha in about 6” circle, roll them between two pieces of plastic that makes the rolling easy, I am using zip log bag.
- Place the methi bajra paratha over the skillet. When start to change color, flip it over. You will notice some golden-brown spots.
- After a few seconds, spread one teaspoon of oil on the aratha. Flip it again and lightly press the with a spatula. Flip again and press with the spatula making sure the paratha is golden-brown on both sides.
- Repeat same process for the remaining.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!