Matar With Spicy Gravy (Green Peas Masala Curry)
Matar With Spicy Gravy is a super delicious side dish made using green peas which tastes amazing in combination with either roti or rice. Matar with spicy gravy is one of my favorite side dish.
- 2 cup green peas I am using frozen peas
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- 2 Tbsp oil canola or vegetable
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds jeera
- 1/8 tsp asafetida hing
- 1 Tbsp besan
- 2 tsp coriander powder dhania
- 1/4 tsp turmeric haldi
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder lal mirch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp ginger paste
- 1 Tbsp green chili finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Oil should be moderately hot. Test the heat by adding one cumin seed to the oil. If the cumin seed cracks right away, the oil is ready.
- Add the cumin seeds, and asafetida, after cumin seeds crack add the besan ( besan gives the light aroma and thickness to the gravy) and stir for few seconds. Add all the ingredients except green peas, tomatoes, ginger, green chili, red chili, coriander, turmeric, and salt. Cook stirring until spices start leaving the oil this should take about 3-4 minute.
- Next add green peas and about 1-1/4 cups of water and let it cook until peas are tender. This should take about 4-6 minutes.
- Serving suggestion: Matar With Spicy Gravy can be served with any bread or rice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!