Matar With Spicy Gravy (Green Peas Masala Curry)
Matar With Spicy Gravy is a super delicious side dish made using green peas which tastes amazing in combination with either roti or rice. Matar with spicy gravy is one of my favorite side dish.
- 2 cup green peas I am using frozen peas
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- 2 Tbsp oil canola or vegetable
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds jeera
- 1/8 tsp asafetida hing
- 1 Tbsp besan
- 2 tsp coriander powder dhania
- 1/4 tsp turmeric haldi
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder lal mirch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp ginger paste
- 1 Tbsp green chili finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Oil should be moderately hot. Test the heat by adding one cumin seed to the oil. If the cumin seed cracks right away, the oil is ready.
- Add the cumin seeds, and asafetida, after cumin seeds crack add the besan ( besan gives the light aroma and thickness to the gravy) and stir for few seconds. Add all the ingredients except green peas, tomatoes, ginger, green chili, red chili, coriander, turmeric, and salt. Cook stirring until spices start leaving the oil this should take about 3-4 minute.
- Next add green peas and about 1-1/4 cups of water and let it cook until peas are tender. This should take about 4-6 minutes.
- Serving suggestion: Matar With Spicy Gravy can be served with any bread or rice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
15 thoughts on “Matar With Spicy Gravy (Green Peas Masala Curry)”
Loved this thank you!
Thank you Sooooo Much Manjula…
I love your grace and i love your recipes..
This one is particularly fast and Super WoW
Thank you again
What you think about adding Gobi to it?
Madhuvrata, why not
Can I use dry, soaked matar instead of fresh or frozen?
Yes, making changes to the recipe is always good and most of the time changes will create a new recipe and that is your own recipe.
Bahut achha laga padh kar apka article…ab lagta es es Baar achhe se Bana paunga….
Omg so testy… Your article is very good
Hi, Manjula Jain, you delivered Matar With Spicy Gravy which is looking so delicious and I ever saw your other recipes both are so good and I try that is very tasty thanks a lot for sharing, good work please keep it up…
thank you I appreciate
Delicious recipe, as always!
Sarah, Thank you
You must log in to post a comment.