Indian meals are not complete unless the meal includes a yogurt dish such as a Vegetable Raita. This is a colorful raita and can brighten up any meal.
Serving for 4.
Servings 4 people
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 cup cucumber (finely chopped, kheera)
- 1 medium tomato (seeded and finely chopped)
- ½ yellow bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp dill (chopped)
- 1 tsp salt (adjust to taste)
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp ground cumin seed (roasted)
- Pinch of paprika
- ½ tsp sugar (if needed)
Mix the yogurt well. If yogurt is thick like pudding add milk as needed to make the consistency of a yogurt drink.
Add salt, chopped dill, black pepper, roasted cumin seed and paprika. Add sugar if yogurt is sour.
Add chopped cucumber, tomatoes, and yellow bell pepper.
- Replace dill with chopped mint or cilantro.
- Vegetables can be adjusted to taste.
- Dry roast the cumin seeds on medium heat until they are brown and you can smell the cumin aroma.
- Grind after it cools to room temperature.