Indian meals are not complete unless the meal includes a yogurt dish such as a Vegetable Raita. This is a colorful raita and can brighten up any meal.Serving for 4.
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 cup cucumber finely chopped, kheera
- 1 medium tomato seeded and finely chopped
- ½ yellow bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp dill chopped
- 1 tsp salt adjust to taste
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp ground cumin seed roasted
- Pinch of paprika
- ½ tsp sugar if needed
- Mix the yogurt well. If yogurt is thick like pudding add milk as needed to make the consistency of a yogurt drink.
- Add salt, chopped dill, black pepper, roasted cumin seed and paprika. Add sugar if yogurt is sour.
- Add chopped cucumber, tomatoes, and yellow bell pepper.
- Replace dill with chopped mint or cilantro.
- Vegetables can be adjusted to taste.
- Dry roast the cumin seeds on medium heat until they are brown and you can smell the cumin aroma.
- Grind after it cools to room temperature.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!