Vegetable Hakka noodles are also more commonly known as Vegetable Chow Mein. This is a popular Indo-Chinese dish. Vegetable hakka noodles consists of stir fry noodles with a variety of vegetables. This is a quick and easy recipe to make. Hakka noodles is a delicious and flavorful dish and very popular with street vendors. This also makes a great one-dish meal.
Recipe will serve 2.
- About 4oz. whole wheat noodles
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups cabbage thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots grated or thinly sliced
- 1 cup bell pepper thinly sliced, use the different color bell pepper, capsic
- 1/2 cup finely chopped French green beans
- 1 tablespoon ginger finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce, adjust to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cook noodles according to the package instructions. Drain the cooked noodles in a colander, and rinse them with cold water. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wide pan or wok on medium high heat, first sauté the green beans, and ginger for about 1 minutes.
- Traditionally vegetables are tossed while cooking, I find it is easier just to stir fry
- Add grated carrots, shredded cabbage and sliced bell pepper. Stir fry for about two minutes, do not overcook the vegetables. Vegetables should have some crunch.
- Add noodles, salt, soy sauce, vinegar, and chili sauce, toss them together and stir-fry them for about a minute.
- Hakka noodles are ready.
also check the recipes for Gobi (Cauliflower) Manchurian, Sweet and Sour Tofu,
35 thoughts on “Vegetable Hakka Noodles (Chow Mein)”
Can rice noodles be used instead of egg noodles? I don’t eat eggs, garlic or onions. Thank you, dear Manjula.
You can use it. I use spaghetti available in canadian grocery stores.
Where we will get wheat noodles
Ramya, Indian grocery stores
Where did you buy the golden dragon noodles that you used for this receipe? I cannot find it in a local walmart store.
Divyaag, I purchase from local grocery store.
Pls tell me the brand for red chili sauce without onion and garlic
Sneha, sorry for delay replying, I am using SAMBAL OELEK I use this in making many different dishes same brand has another one that is labeled very clearly Garlic Chili Sauce. If your grocery store do not carry, you can also buy from amazon
Please let me know the brand you are using for the noodles
Mam, my boths kids r low weight
So plzz tell me
rich in high protein recipes
Hi Manjulaji, I have really learnt how to cook my favourite recipes from you.Most importantly,since u do not use onion and garlic, I can enjoy them all days of the week as I am strictly veg on Thursdays and Fridays.Thanks a lot
Hello manju ji I was diagnosed with colitis last month and recovering slowly. Please suggest what can I use to replace chili pepper to get similar flavor as I cannot eat note gives burning sensation thanks
Parveen, sorry get well soon, there is no replacement for chili pepper and really you can enjoy the food without just with simple seasoning.
Lovely noodles, like the green and red veggies in it !!! awesome photography !!!
PL GIVE ME VEG MANCHURIAN RECIPE MANJULABEN
Can u told me make a sahi paner and jeckfruit sabzi
RANJIT, I have never made jackfruit but for sahi paneer please check this link on my web site https://manjulaskitchen.com/shahi-paneer/
Where can I get the chili sauce without onion and garlic? Or if you know the recipe for it please post it.
Yogita, chili sauce is available without onion garlic I use sambal oelek brand but this is easy to make in my next recipe with chili sauce I will also make the chili sauce. I stir-fry the dried red chili in oil after it cools off I blend roasted chili, salt,and vinegar to make sauce, works good.
I love you aunty ♡♡
i am a new member of your receipes. you have explained so simply that my son is trying them himself. thanks a lot
I m cancer patient can u suggest me recipes
Maani, sorry to know that, ask doctor what you should eat then I will try to help you on the recipes.
I love all your recipes.
Thanks a lot for posting these yummy recipes.
Pallavi, Thank you
I am going to try.
mam please suggest some raw jackfruit recipes
Very nice recipe! But why are you using egg noodles?
Siddhi, I used whole wheat noodles, no eggs and these available readily
Found it explained in a very easy and simple method. Thanks 🙂 I too have started new blog, please do checkout nimysway.com
Manjulaji plz send any mixed vegetables with paneer and segwan masala
You must log in to post a comment.