Vegetable curry in color and taste compliment any meal. This is a simple recipe but delicious and filled with flavors. Good way to incorporate a variety of vegetables in your meal.
- 2 cups Approx. cauliflower cut into florets phool gobhi
- 1 cup green peas hari matar
- 1 carrot diced in about 1/2 inch pieces gajar
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium zucchini cut into bite size pieces with skin
- 6 tomatoes medium size
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 1 green chili
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds jeera
- 1/8 tsp asafetida hing
- 1/4 tsp turmeric haldi
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder dhania
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp cilantro finely chopped hara dhania
- Mix the cornstarch with ¼ cup of water and set aside.
- Blend 5 sliced tomatoes, green chilies and ginger to make a puree. If you prefer mild take the seeds out of green chili before blending.
- Slice 1 tomato length wise into 8-10 pieces and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Test the heat by adding one cumin seed to the oil. If the cumin seed cracks right away, the oil is ready. Add the cumin seeds, and asafetida, as seeds crack add tomato puree, coriander, turmeric, sugar and salt. Cover the pot and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add all the vegetables and ¼ cup of water. Cover the pan and let it cook for about 10 minutes over medium heat stir few times in between. Vegetables should be tender not mushy.
- Add cornstarch mixture and let it cook for 2 more minutes. Cornstarch is added to thicken the gravy. If gravy is too thick add some hot water as needed.
- Turn off the heat add tomato slices, garam masala and cilantro, stir and cover the pan for few minutes before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!