Sweet Mango Pulao is sweet and delicious, made with ripe mango Pulp, shredded coconut and basmati Rice!
- 1 cup long grain Basmati Rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon butter or ghee
- 1/2 cup Mango pulp (thick)
- 1/4 cup fresh coconut shredded
- 3/4 cup sugar (adjust according to your taste)
- few saffron threads
- 1/2 teaspoon of cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon blanched almond
- 1 tablespoon sliced Pistachio
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- Wash the rice and soak it for 10 minutes , add salt, and 2 cups of water and cook them.
- Spread the cooked rice in a flat plate and let it cool down.
- Next heat the butter or ghee in a pan, add shredded coconut, Mango pulp and sugar and sauté it for few minutes.
- After sugar is melted, add saffron, cardamom powder and cooked rice, mix well and sauté it for few minutes.
- When the Pulao becomes thick, add blanched almond, sliced Pistachio and raisins and mix well.
- Cover it and cook for 2-3 minutes on low flame.
- Garnish with nuts and Serve hot.
- You can use less or more sugar according to your taste.
- You can add more dry fruits as dates and cashews.