Stuffed Bell Peppers
For these mouthwatering Stuffed bell peppers, I decided to make them into rings, which makes it easier and quicker to make. Bell peppers provide a very nice vibrant color to any dish. Stuffed bell peppers are delicious and can be served as appetizers or as a side dish. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I enjoy!
- 2 bell peppers capsicum, pahadi mirch
- 2 1/2 potatoes boiled, peeled and roughly mashed
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin seeds jeera
- 3 tsp coriander powder dhania
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp mango powder amchoor
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 Tbsp green chili finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp oil canola or vegetable
- Add all the spices to mash potatoes to make filling, salt, cumin seeds, coriander powder, red chili powder, mango powder, garam masala, and green chilies.
- Cut tops and bottoms of bell peppers; discard seeds and membranes.
- Stuffed the bell peppers and slice them in half inch thick, use sharp knife. Depends the size of bell peppers how many slices you will make.
- Press them gently to make sure potatoes stays inside the bell pepper rings.
- Heat the heavy flat bottom sauce pan on medium heat and generously grease the pan.
- Spread the bell pepper rings into skillet, do not overlap. Cover the pan and let it cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the cover and turn the rings gently and press them lightly to ensure potatoes stays into the bell pepper rings. I cover the pan to make sure bell peppers are cooked, make sure they are not mushy. Cook the bell peppers from each side till they are golden brown. Stuffed bell peppers ready to serve.
- Stuffed bell peppers are ready, this is a very enjoyable dish, serve them as an appetizers or side dish. I like to serve them with stir-fry cherry tomatoes.
Stuffed bell peppers are ready, this is a very enjoyable dish, serve them as an appetizers or side dish. I like to serve them with stir-fry cherry tomatoes. You can also use stuffed bell peppers to make sandwich, I like to use kaiser rolls with lettuce leaves, cheese, and slices of tomatoes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
28 thoughts on “Stuffed Bell Peppers (Stuffed Capsicum)”
Thank for sharing this receipes
Hi there I am so delighted I found your website, I really found
you by error, while I was searching on Bing for
something else, Regardless I am here now and would just like to say many thanks for a remarkable post and a
all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t
have time to browse it all at the minute but I have book-marked it
and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time
I will be back to read much more, Please do keep up the superb job.
Can we bake them instead of frying it in a pan? If so, how long to bake for? I am planning to make a large batch for a party and baking would make it faster. Thanks
Zeenath, yes you can bake it, I have never done it try at 350 degree preheated oven for about 20 minutes
Loved d stuffed bell peppers recipe Ma’m esp d idea of using it for sandwiches
Hi Manjula Ji,
I tried this recipe and i did it in small salad bell peppers and it turned out amazing. The crunch of the peppers went really well.
Thanks so much for making us better cooks.
I am not a cook…But i love to eat different different dishes to make my self happy. Thank you so much for sharing this post and i am sharing this post with my mom 🙂
Thank you for the recipe Manjula. I don’t have any mango powder at home but have all the other ingredients. Can I use anything else to substitute the mango powder or can I avoid using it all together?
Hina, use few drops of lemon juice or tamarind pulp
My kids are not interested in eating vegetables they just want fast food, now I decide to put something spicy at home. I follow your recipes.
This site is awesome really helpfull
This site is awesome really helpful
This site is awesome im really love it nice Manjula
your recipes are just delicious and so easy and methodical.
you are a great cook and very kind to share your knowledge
Priti, Thank you
wow what a recipe I loved it thank you so much
good article I also try stuffed bell pepper it’s also so ???? good
wow, delicious food ???? Manjula mam.Actually, I will ???? try each n every recipe of yours. Tq for giving so yummy ???? veg dishes.????
I made these stuffed peppers tonight and my husband, who hates stuffed peppers, ate them with gusto!!! So delicious. I’ll have the rest for breakfast tomorrow.
Pam, thank you
I love all your recipes. They are simple and delicious
Mangala, thank you
I also try stuffed bell pepper it’s also so ???? good
Hi manjula I try to a make chum chem it’s really good my family like it
Simar, thank you
So delicious ???? Manjula mam .Actually I will ???? try each n every recipes of urs. Tq for giving so yummy ???? veg dishes .????
Laxni, thank you
You must log in to post a comment.