This is a delicious and refreshing spinach and tomato salad. Adding walnuts and ginger dressing provides a creamy and tangy flavor.
This recipe will serve 4.
- About 4 cups chopped spinach
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 apple
- 1/4 cup feta cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ginger juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- About 2 tablespoons water adjust as needed
- Wash the spinach and pat dry and chop them coarsely. Keep aside.
- Cut the tomatoes in halves and remove the seeds, cut them in about half inch pieces.
- Next peel and cut the apples in small pieces.
- In a salad bowl toss the spinach, tomatoes and apples together. Keep aside.
- Shred about 1 inch piece of ginger on fine side of shredder. Squeeze the shredded ginger between your fingers to make ginger juice.
- Next blend all the dressing ingredients together. Add the water as needed otherwise dressing will be too thick.
- Pour the dressing over salad, and sprinkle with feta cheese. Enjoy!
- Tomatoes can be replaced with strawberries.
- Walnuts can be replaced with roasted peanuts