Spicy Sweet Potatoes
Spicy Sweet Potatoes and Yams is a delicious dish that makes a great appetizer. This can also be served as a snack with tea. Sweet potatoes spiced up with lemon and ginger juice makes a mouth-watering dish.Recipe serves 4.
- 2 medium boiled sweet potatoes
- 2 medium boiled red sweet potatoes
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp ginger juice
- ½ tsp salt adjust to taste
- ½ tsp black salt
- ¼ tsp ground red pepper adjust to taste
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp roasted ground cumin seed
- 1 minced green chili adjust to taste
- 2 Tbsp minced cilantro
- Boil the sweet potatoes, don’t over cook.
- Peel the skin and slice them 1/8 inch thick, it’s easy to slice after potatoes are cooled off.
- Mix all the spices with ginger juice and lemon juice.
- Spread the sweet potato slices over a plate.
- Spread few drops of spice mix over every piece.
- Stack the sweet potatoes slices over red sweet potatoe slices provides nice color white over dark pink.
- Garnish them with minced green chili and chopped cilantro.
- Serve them at room temperature.
- They can be prepared day before, garnish them just before serving.
- If you prefer mild take out the seeds from green chili before mincing.
- It is ok to use just white or red sweet potatoes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
18 thoughts on “Spicy Sweet Potatoes”
If you made these the day before would you refrigerate and then reheat in the oven or would you just let them get back down to room temp?
Russ that will work
Very good website , never realised there was as many veggie recipies.
Not eaten meat now for two weeks , too busy trying all the different dishes.
Well impressed keep up th egood work..
dear manjula ji
hum bhi veg delhi ke hai. hum apki recipes try karte rahte hai
aap ki veg i like it mai apni beti ko bhi bata deti ho dohi ke aaloo aache lege. 8.7.10.ko chole palak note ki hai ab try karongi.
Namaste manjula ji I have tried making the same recipes you have ,but my luck it doesn’t really look your the same recipe you made so my husband and Usually have a laugh not only that he is better cooker but also I tried too have
Love Rani Dhalla
hello manjulaji ,can you tell me how to make vegetarian patties
Raaji, look at her recipe for Vegetarian Cutlets. They should be what you are looking for.
I am inspired to be vegetarian (lets live and let others live) through your recipes.Your recipes are tasty, simple and healthier. Just to say thank you.
you are too good. i have tried many of your recipes and they all come out tooooooo good. keep up the good work. can you post the recipe for the “rusk”. like suji rusk or whole wheat rusk.
Love ur food …..always wanting to see new recipes
i love your food i tried to make some but i didnt do well but i will keep on trying love your receipes thank you
The sweet and spicy combination sounds great.
I am trying all ur recipies, they r very good. Thank u so much. Plz post Thepla with methi leaves. thanks
very good , i was looking for someone that can teach a long time ago , thanks good work .
Hey Nashwa, click on the “ABOUT” button and it tells you all about Manjulaji
Yes, she is vegetarian.
I love your food and I have copied all of your cooking. My question is are you a vegatarian?
You must log in to post a comment.