Spicy Sweet Potatoes
Spicy Sweet Potatoes and Yams is a delicious dish that makes a great appetizer. This can also be served as a snack with tea. Sweet potatoes spiced up with lemon and ginger juice makes a mouth-watering dish.Recipe serves 4.
- 2 medium boiled sweet potatoes
- 2 medium boiled red sweet potatoes
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp ginger juice
- ½ tsp salt adjust to taste
- ½ tsp black salt
- ¼ tsp ground red pepper adjust to taste
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp roasted ground cumin seed
- 1 minced green chili adjust to taste
- 2 Tbsp minced cilantro
- Boil the sweet potatoes, don’t over cook.
- Peel the skin and slice them 1/8 inch thick, it’s easy to slice after potatoes are cooled off.
- Mix all the spices with ginger juice and lemon juice.
- Spread the sweet potato slices over a plate.
- Spread few drops of spice mix over every piece.
- Stack the sweet potatoes slices over red sweet potatoe slices provides nice color white over dark pink.
- Garnish them with minced green chili and chopped cilantro.
- Serve them at room temperature.
- They can be prepared day before, garnish them just before serving.
- If you prefer mild take out the seeds from green chili before mincing.
- It is ok to use just white or red sweet potatoes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!