This delicious dish makes a great appetizer or can be served as snack with tea. Sweet potatoes spiced up with lemon and ginger juice makes a mouth-watering dish.
Recipe serves 4.
- 2 medium boiled sweet potatoes
- 2 medium boiled red sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ginger juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted ground cumin seed
- 1 minced green chili (adjust to taste)
- 2 tablespoon minced cilantro
- Boil the sweet potatoes, don’t over cook.
- Peel the skin and slice them 1/8 inch thick, it’s easy to slice after potatoes are cooled off.
- Mix all the spices with ginger juice and lemon juice.
- Spread the sweet potato slices over a plate.
- Spread few drops of spice mix over every piece.
- Stack the sweet potatoes slices over red sweet potatoe slices provides nice color white over dark pink.
- Garnish them with minced green chili and chopped cilantro.
- Serve them at room temperature.
- They can be prepared day before, garnish them just before serving.
- If you prefer mild take out the seeds from green chili before mincing.
- It is ok to use just white or red sweet potatoes.