Spicy potatoes are a wonderful dish to serve as an appetizer, snack, or side dish.
- 3 medium red potatoes
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds jeera
- 1 tsp crushed coriander seed dhania
- 1 tsp crushed fennel seed saunf
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds mathi
- 1 tsp shredded ginger
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 green chilies, seeded and sliced long ways
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro hara dhania
- Peel strips of skin from the potatoes; leave some of the skin to provide color. Cut the potatoes into bite-size cubes.
- Put the potatoes and one teaspoon salt into a pot. Cover with water and cook on medium high until tender but not mushy. Once the potatoes are cooked, drain the water and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium high heat. Test the heat by adding one cumin seed to the oil; if it cracks right away, the oil is ready. Add cumin seeds. When the cumin seeds crack, add the coriander, fennel, fenugreek seeds, and shredded ginger. Stir-fry for about half a minute.
- Add potatoes and stir-fry the mixture over medium heat until they are a light golden brown.
- Add salt, black pepper, and green chili. Roast another two to three minutes. Turn off the heat and add lemon juice and the cilantro mixture. Adjust salt, lemon, and pepper to your taste.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!