Spicy Green Peas
Spicy Peas, touch of spices added to sweetness from peas and sourness from lemon makes this a great snack or a side dish. This is an easy recipe to make. Bright green color gives a nice touch to any meal.
- 3 cups green peas, frozen preferred baby peas
- 1-1/2 tbsp oil
- 3/4 tsp cumin seeds jeera
- 2 tsp ginger chopped
- 1-1/2 tsp green chili chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped hara dhania
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Thaw the peas and pat dry.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Test the heat by adding one cumin seed to the oil. If the cumin seed cracks right away, the oil is ready. Add cumin seeds as they crack add green chili and ginger, stir for few second add green peas and salt.
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes string occasionally, till peas are tender. Add black pepper and cilantro mix it well.
- Turn off the heat and squeeze the lemon juice over and stir.Spicy green peas are ready to serve!
Serving suggestions: Serve Spicy green peas hot or at room temperature. Serve this as a snack or as a side dish with any dal or gravy base dish. Spicy Green Peas also good for sandwiches or making wrap
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
11 thoughts on “Spicy Green Peas”
Loved, loved, loved this. I added mushrooms band the zest of one lime.
Like ur recipies very much
AABAN. Thank you
I love your. Receipe’s very easy to follow and they actually come out nice
Urmi, thank you
I will try
Looks yummy, will make it tomorrow. Aunty, you are looking so pretty in sari.
Manjula aunty, you look really nice in saree. Thanks for the wonderful recipe.
What a great new dish! Is there some way to make this so that it is a dry snack? Even with another type of vegetable?
Looking for a food to eat with your hand.
We picked up some spicy, wasabi nuts at the Indian grocery. Why not peas or soybean?
Peas looks so tempting…would love to have this with parathas.
You must log in to post a comment.