Spicy Green Peas
Spicy Peas, touch of spices added to sweetness from peas and sourness from lemon makes this a great snack or a side dish. This is an easy recipe to make. Bright green color gives a nice touch to any meal.
- 3 cups green peas, frozen preferred baby peas
- 1-1/2 tbsp oil
- 3/4 tsp cumin seeds jeera
- 2 tsp ginger chopped
- 1-1/2 tsp green chili chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped hara dhania
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Thaw the peas and pat dry.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Test the heat by adding one cumin seed to the oil. If the cumin seed cracks right away, the oil is ready. Add cumin seeds as they crack add green chili and ginger, stir for few second add green peas and salt.
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes string occasionally, till peas are tender. Add black pepper and cilantro mix it well.
- Turn off the heat and squeeze the lemon juice over and stir.Spicy green peas are ready to serve!
Serving suggestions: Serve Spicy green peas hot or at room temperature. Serve this as a snack or as a side dish with any dal or gravy base dish. Spicy Green Peas also good for sandwiches or making wrap
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!