Spicy cashews are great as a holiday party snack or simply to munch on anytime. Spicy cashews can be quite addicting – they are that good. This simple and delicious recipe will make a great holiday gift too!
- 2 cups raw cashew nuts
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 teaspoon roasted ground cumin seeds powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mango powder
- In a large skillet, roast the cashew nuts in oil over low to medium heat, stirring continuously, until golden brown (seven to eight minutes).
- Transfer the cashews to a bowl and let them cool until they are warm (not room temperature, or the spices will not coat cashews).
- Mix all the spices in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the warm cashews and toss to coat them evenly.
- Store the cashews in an airtight container once they cool to room temperature.
Note: These cashews can be stored up to a month.
Substitute peanuts for cashews in the above recipe.