Recipe submitted by Sasi K.
I made this beautiful delicious snowman coconut ladoos for last year Christmas party and it was a top hit. As soon as I placed them on the table, all I heard was “WOW!” and that’s it. They got vanished in a glimpse of a second and of course, they were generous enough to leave me with a plate at least. This was the talk for a while among my family and friends. I had so much fun decorating them and that’s the time I got the idea of recreating this with my baby nephew. He was as thrilled as I was and we had an awesome aunt-nephew time together which is ineffable. Let your precious moment begins with your little ones as well!
- Sweetened Desiccated Coconut – 1 1/2 cup
- Condensed Milk – 1/2 cup
- Ghee – 1 tsp
Snowman Edible Accessories (Refer to the picture for ideas)
- Hat ———- Mini Reese’s chocolates or mini Rolo or any chocolates that look like mini hat.
- Eyes ———Chocolate vermicelli candies or Oreo cookie crumbs
- Nose ——– Mini bead candies
- Mouth —— Mini vermicelli candies
- Scarf ——– Sour belts candy (Cut them into thin strips)
- Buttons —– Mini heart candies
- Heat 1tsp ghee in a low-medium flame on a non-stick pan and lightly roast 1 cup of desiccated coconut in it for 5 secs. DO NOT Burn them! (Remaining ½ cup of desiccated coconut will be used to roll in the ladoos.)
- Remove the ghee-coconut aromatic mixture from the fire and let it cool completely.
Now is the moment to let your kids join you in this kid’s friendly cooking adventure. They will cherish this memorable moment forever. Let them do the magic!
- Ask them to mix the condensed milk in the coconut mixture.
- Ask them to roll equal amount of small size coconut ladoos for snowman head and medium size coconut ladoos for the snowman body.
- Let them coat all the ladoos by rolling them in the remaining desiccated coconut as a final coating which will give a frosty looking to the snowman.
- Let them assemble the snowman head and body part together. Use condensed milk as glue to hold them together.
- Now, it is time to decorate their snowman with hats, eyes, nose, mouth, scarfs and colorful buttons. Once again, use condensed milk as glue to stick those cute little edible accessories on their snowman.
Let their imagination run wild and surely, they will enjoy to the core. The outcome will be fantastic only because it was created by your little ones! Beautilicious!!