Rice and Potato Cutlets
These Rice and Potato Cutlets are a tasty treat as a tea time snack or you can also serve them as an appetizer. They are crispy outside and soft inside. This is a quick and easy recipe and a good way to use left over rice.
- 1 cup rice cooked
- 1 cup potatoes boiled, peeled, and shredded
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds jeera
- 1 Tbsp green chili chopped
- 1 tsp ginger finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp cilantro finely chopped, hara dhania
- 1/4 tsp fresh lemon juice
- In a bowl mash the rice, rice should be semi mashed add potatoes mix it well now add all the other ingredients, salt, cumin seeds, green chilies, ginger, cilantro and lemon juice. Mix should be firm and will be consistency of a sticky dough.
- Grease your palm and divide them into 12 pieces I wanted to make them in small size. Roll them in patties.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium high heat. Frying pan should have about 1” of oil. Oil should be moderately hot. Test the oil putting a small piece of mix, this should up right of way. Drop the cutlets slowly into it, taking care not to overlap them.
- Fry the cutlets until they are golden brown, turning occasionally. This should take about 5 minutes. Take them out over a paper towel.
- For best taste serve them hot. Cutlets taste great with cilantro chutney.
- Potatoes should be not over cooked, that will make mix soft and cutlets can break in the oil while frying.
- If oil is not hot enough cutlets will be greasy. Rice and potato min should not be very soft otherwise cutlets will break in oil.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!