Rice Krispies Treats
Rice Krispies Treats are crispy and delicious. They are quick and easy to make and always a hit with kids. Because they are so easy, I can always make them on demand. These Rice Krispies Treats remind me my friend Halen, who was like a grandmother to my kids. This was one of her go-to recipe.
- 3 cup Rice Krispies
- 1 cup Butterscotch Morsels
- 1/2 cup peanut butter I am using crunchy peanut butter because grandkids like this extra crunch but you can use creamy peanut butter
For chocolate garnishing
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp cream
- Melt butterscotch and peanut butter in a sauce pan over low heat. Note: do not overcook, peanut butter will start leaving the oil.
- Mixture will be creamy, add Rice Krispies and fold it gently, until all the rice krispies are coated.
- Pour the mixture into greased 5x7 pan and press it until it is flat and firm. Keep aside.
- In a small bowl melt the chocolate and cream for 15 seconds in microwave, whip it to make it smooth if needed put it back in microwave for 5 more seconds don’t overcook the chocolate otherwise it will become granny.
- Pour the chocolate syrup into a ziploc bag and make a small hole in one corner and drizzle the chocolate over rice krispies. Let the mixture dry for about 30 minutes and cut the Rice Krispies Treat in squares.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
6 thoughts on “Rice Krispies Treats”
Dear Manjula mataji, I love rice crispy treats made with marshmellows. But commonly, marshmellows are made with gelatine, a non-veg food. Since you are so brilliant, would you be up to the challenge of creating a rice crispy treat without marshmellows that tastes like or similar to the ones made with them? On occasion one can find marshmellows without gelatine but, very rarely. I think milk would be an important ingredient as well as sugar, of course! Thank you for taking the time to read this. I am unfamiliar with the butterscotch morsels you are referring to in this recipe and probably cannot obtain them where i live. Something from scratch would be very good. i can get krispies, though. Thank you for your great service.
Maybe you can look for a recipe for vegan marshmallow fluff, it is a spread that tastes like marshmallows but is much easier to make from scratch. The original uses egg whites but you can replace them with chickpea broth (aquafaba).
I like this site
Looks interesting. Quick and easy recipe. Thanks for sharing !
I will definitely give it a try. this is new to me.
You must log in to post a comment.