Ram Ladoo (Delhi Street Food)
Ram Ladoo is a popular Delhi street food. Ram Ladoo is a delicious snack. Moong dal pakoras served with cilantro chutney and topped with shredded radish. These ladoos takes on the flavor of chutney and radish, this is what makes this dish a yummy and lip-smacking chaat.
- ½ cup washed moong dal
- ¼ cup chana dal Bengal gram
- ⅛ tsp asafetida hing
- ½ tsp cumin seeds jeera
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp green chili chopped
- 1 Tbsp ginger grated
- 2 Tbsp cilantro chopped, green coriander
- Oil for deep frying
- Wash and Soak moong and chana dal in three cups of water for about 4 hours after soaking this will become about twice in volume.
- Drain the water, and grind dal without adding any water, do not grind dal to fine paste, dal should be little grainy.
- Take out the dal in a mixing bowl and beat the batter for couple of minutes, till it is fluffy. This will aerate the batter to make soft ladoos. Laddos are crispy outside and soft inside. Add all the ingredients, asafetida, cumin seeds, salt, ginger, green chili, and cilantro. Whip it again. The more air is incorporated in the batter the fluffier ladoos will be.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium high heat. The frying pan should have about 1 inch of oil. To check if the oil is ready, put one drop of batter in oil. The batter should sizzle and come up but not change color right away. If oil is very hot Ram Ladoo will not cook through and will not be crispy.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of batter into the oil. Fry the Ram Ladoos in small batches. Fry them until golden-brown all around.
- Ram Ladoo should be crispy from outside and should be soft inside.
- Take them out over paper towel, this absorb the access oil.
- Ram Ladoos should be served hot, to serve the Ram Ladoos, drizzle the chaat masala, cilantro chutney, and grated radish and little chat masala again.
Preparation time does not include soaking time.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Originally posted 2019-09-10 16:33:18.