Here is my recipe of Quinoa salad. This colourful Salad is a healthy and nutritious dish perfect for spring . It’s full of flavours and texture that just bursts in your mouth. It’s perfect for picnics and can be made ahead of time kept in the fridge.
Preparation time: 15 min.
Cooking time : 20 min.
- 1 1/2 Cup Quinoa (rinsed well and drained) (See Notes)
- 2 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tbs Olive oil
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 Cup Diced carrot
- 1/2 Cup Diced red bell pepper
- 1 Cup Asparagus (steamed and blanched)
- 1/2 Cup Dried cranberries
- 1/2 Cup Toasted pumpkin seeds or Sunflower seeds
- 2 tbs Fresh chives
- 2 tbs Fresh Cilantro
Honey lemon dressing :
- 3 tbs Fresh Lemon juice
- 2 tbs Liquid Honey
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Cook Quinoa in salted water until tender.
- Heat olive oil on medium heat.
- Add chopped celery and onion.
- Cook until softened and add cooked Quinoa.
- Stir and cool in a large bowl.
- Add chopped Carrots, Bell pepper, Asparagus, toasted seeds, chives and cilantro.
- In a separate bowl mix lemon juice, honey, olive oil, salt, and pepper to make salad dressing.
- Add the dressing to the salad mix and mix very well.
Note: Quinoa (Keen-wah) is a grain like seeds that is high in protein, iron and potassium. It’s also gluten free and easy to digest. It’s available at all whole food stores.