Pizza Paratha (Stuffed Vegetable Cheese Paratha)
Everyone enjoy pizza. Pizza has become a universal food enjoyed by all. Pizza paratha is perfect for the times when you want to enjoy homemade pizza. This is also quick and easy recipe. Personalize your pizza with your favorite toppings. You can serve this for lunch, snack, or especially good for kids lunch box. This is also my grandkids favorite.
For Paratha Dough
- 1 cup all-purpose flour maida or plain flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp yeast
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/3 cup lukewarm water use as needed
- 1-1/2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes adjust to taste
- 1/2 tsp dry basil
- 1/2 tsp dry oregano
- 1/2 cup bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper finely chopped, adjust to taste
- 1-1/4 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour maida or plain flour for rolling the paratha
- 2 Tbsp of oil to cook parathas
- In a bowl mix the flour, salt, yeast, and oil, add the water as needed to make soft and pliable dough. Cover the dough and set aside for about one hour.
- Squeeze the chopped bell peppers to remove the extra water.
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients for filling, bell pepper, mushrooms tomato paste, salt, chili flakes, basil, oregano, jalapeno, and cheese, mix it well.
- Knead the dough and divide in two equal parts. Roll each part of the dough in smooth ball.
- Roll one part of the dough into about six-inch diameter, use dry flour as needed to roll.
- Place half a cup of filling in the center. Pull the edges of the dough to wrap it around the filling, making sure it is covered from all around.
- Meanwhile heat the skillet on medium low heat, skillet should not be very hot, otherwise paratha will not cook through. Heavy skillet works best.
- Lightly sprinkle the dry flour on the surface you will roll the paratha. Press the filled patty lightly from both sides, with your fingers. Now using a rolling pin, roll the paratha about eight-inch in diameter. If the dough sticks to the rolling pin or rolling surface, lightly dust the parathas with dry flour.
- Oil the skillet generously, and place the paratha on the skillet. Cook the paratha for 2-3 minutes and flip the paratha. Paratha should be golden brown. It is important to cook paratha on low heat.
- Again brush the paratha with oil all around and flip it again in about 2 minutes. Paratha should be golden brown both sides for crispness. Paratha should take about five minutes to cook nicely.
- Take out the pizza paratha over wire rack to keep them from getting soggy.
- You can make these pizza parathas in any combinations of filling. When I make for my grand kids I don’t add any peppers.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!