Peda, Milk Fudge
Pedas are an all-time favorite sweet. Pedas are like soft milk fudge. Pedas are grainy texture made with milk and sugar, flavored with cardamom. Peda can be served as a candy or as a dessert.
- 4 cupa paneer home made
- 1/3 cup milk powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter or ghee
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder ilachi
- 1 tbsp sliced pistachios
- Check the recipe for paneer and make the paneer with whole milk. For this recipe use 4 cups of milk.
- Heat the frying pan on medium. Add butter and let it melt. Next add milk, milk powder, and paneer. Mix it well.
- Cook mixture on medium heat stirring continuously until mixture starts leaving the sides of the frying pan and becomes like dough. This should take about 12 minutes. Now this is known as khoya.
- Transfer the khoya into a bowl and let it cool off until khoya becomes just lukewarm.
- Mix the sugar and cardamom powder into the khoya and knead it for about a minute until every thing blends together and become soft dough. Note: if you mix the sugar while khoya is hot that will make pedas soft.
- Divide the mix into about 20 equal parts and roll them into round balls. Lightly press it down so it looks like small patty. Put few pieces of sliced pistachios on every peda.
- Pedas should be served at room temperature.
Pedas can be kept for few days at room temperature and about a month refrigerated.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Originally posted 2009-01-24 13:36:19.