Papaya Berry Halwa is a simple delicious sweet with no artificial color. I used brown sugar instead of white sugar as it gives natural color to it. It can be served warm or cold.
- 1 Cup Ripe papaya (Peel,remove seeds,cut into small pieces)
- 1/4 Cup Raspberry
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 2 Tbsp All Purpose Flour(Maida)
- 4 Tbsp Ghee
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- few Cashewnuts & Raisins
- Grind Papaya and Raspberry in to a smooth paste in a blender with milk.
- Keep this aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of ghee in a pan and fry the cashews and raisins, remove them
- and keep them aside. In the same ghee, add Maida and roast for a minute and
- remove it from the stove and keep that separate.
- Melt one Tablespoon of ghee in the pan and add Papaya/Berry paste to it.
- Keep frying this mixture while its getting cooked till all the moisture is absorbed.
- Keep the stove on medium heat.
- Now add Brown Sugar to this and you can see the color of the Halwa turns little darker. Stir continuously
- till it blends well with the puree and then add the roasted Maida and remaining ghee slowly to this and keep
- stirring for 2-3 more minutes till the mixture becomes thick and starts leaving
- the sides of the pan. Sprinkle Cardamom Powder and mix well. Remove from
- the stove. Garnish with fried Cashews and Raisins. Yummy Delicious Halwa is ready!