Paneer Tikka Masala
Paneer Tikka Masala is a gourmet dish which is simple to cook but very flavorful. Marinated paneer with tomato gravy makes a delightful dish for a formal dinner.
- 1/2 ld paneer
- 1/2 tsp salt 1/4
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp yogurt dahi, curd
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1 green chili
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds jeera
- 1/8 tsp asafetida hing
- 2 bay leaves taj pat
- 1 tbsp coriander powder dhania
- 1/2 tsp paprika dagi or kashmiri mirch
- 1/4 tsp turmeric haldi
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp cilantro finely chopped hara dhania
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- Slice the paneer in about 1/8-inch-thick and about in one inch squares.
- Mix ginger, salt, pepper, coriander, and yogurt with sliced paneer in a bowl, cover it and let the mixture marinate for at least an hour. It is better to have the paneer marinate in a refrigerator.
- Blend tomatoes and green chilies to make a puree and keep aside.
- Dissolve the corn starch in 2 tablespoons of water and keep aside. Corn starch is used to give thickness to gravy.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in flat frying pan on medium heat, making sure to oil the entire surface of the pan.
- Next put the marinated paneer in frying pan and gently stir-fry for about 3 to 4 minutes until paneer becomes light brown. Take out the paneer in a bowl and use the same frying pan to make the gravy.
- To prepare the gravy, add 1 table spoon of oil in a frying pan. Test the heat by adding one cumin seed to the oil; if seed cracks right away oil is ready. Add cumin seeds and asafetida after seeds crack add bay leaves and stir for a few seconds.
- Add the tomato puree, coriander powder, turmeric, red chili powder, sugar, and cook for about 4 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the corn starch mix stir for few minutes till the sauce thickens.
- Add the stir-fry paneer in the tomato gravy and let it cook for 3 to 4 minutes on low medium heat.
- Turn off the heat and add cilantro and garam masala stir slowly and cover the pan for few minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!