Paneer Pethe Ke Ladoo & Petha Sandesh Dessert
Many sweets are made using paneer, which is freshly made homemade Indian cheese. Paneer Pethe Ka Ladoo is delicious and easy to make. This recipe was suggested by my friend Usha, who lives in Jaipur. I must say I really enjoy paneer-based sweets, which include Rasgullas, Ras Malai, Sandesh and many more! I decided I would give a paneer-based dessert a try, Paneer Petha Ladoo. Paneer desserts are considered very classy and for a sophisticated palate. They also are typically very refreshing, delicious, and easy to make. Another reason I like to make paneer sweets is because it is very difficult to mess up the recipe! You can start with one recipe for a paneer dessert and then if it doesn't turn out right, it is very easy to fix and come up with a new recipe! Another favorite dessert of mine is Petha, which is a famous sweet from Agra (India). Petha is made from white pumpkin and sugar. These ingredients together are simply delicious. Enjoy!Recipe will make about 12 Ladoo.
- 1 cup Paneer homemade
- 1 cup Petha shredded, sweet
- ¼ tsp Green Cardamom powder
- 1 Tbsp Pistachios sliced, for garnishing
- Drin the whey from paneer well and knead the paneer until the paneer is almost rolls into smooth soft dough.
- In a flat frying pan add paneer, petha and cardamom mix it. Turn the heat to low and cook the paneer mixture stirring and pressing continuously until paneer starts coming together as soft dough. This should take about 4-5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and keep mixing the paneer like you are making dough. This is most important step to this dish; you are just cooking paneer enough to take out the rawness. If you over cook the paneer it will become crumbly.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the mixture to the plate, let the mix sit for about 5 minutes, then divide into 12 equal parts or make the size of ladoo you prefer. Roll them between you palm and shape them in round balls. Garnish with pistachios.
I am using homemade paneer, you can refer to my video how to make the paneer which I have done earlier. I am also using dry petha sweet which is available in Indian grocery store, you can also use canned Petha sweet. If you are using canned petha, drain the syrup, and lightly pat dry.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Originally posted 2021-03-22 14:08:14.
2 thoughts on “Paneer Petha Ka Ladoo”
Can’t express the
deliciousness of this dish 🙂
Can I use strained ricotta cheese for this recipe
You must log in to post a comment.