Paneer Pasanda is a delicacy consisting of stuffed paneer with rich creamy gravy. Paneer Pasanda is a delicious and perfect dish for formal get-togethers or when you simply want to indulge yourself. This is the ultimate Paneer dish.
- 8 oz Paneer 9 thin slices of paneer, they are about 1x3 inch of slices, I am using store bought paneer
- 2 Tbsp fresh shredded coconut I am using frozen shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp cilantro finely chopped, hara dhania
- 2 tsp green chili finely chopped, adjust to taste
- 1/4 cup corn starch or arrowroot power
- 3 Tbsp water
- 3 Tbsp oil to shallow fry
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes about 3 medium size tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp ginger chopped
- 1 Tbsp coriander powder dhania
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds jeera
- 1/8 tsp asafetida hing
- 1/4 tsp turmeric haldi
- 1 tsp red chili powder adjust to taste
- 1/4 cup cashew powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or cream
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 2 Tbsp cilantro chopped, hara dhania
- Mash one of the paneer piece, and mix it well with coconut, salt, cilantro, and green chili.
- Spread this mixture on 4 paneer slices and cover them with remaining 4 slices. Cut them inti two, and press it lightly. Set aside.
- Mix corn starch in 2-3 tablespoons of water to make a thick batter.
- Heat the flat frying pan with about 3 tablespoons of oil over medium heat. When oil is moderately hot dip the stuffed paneer pieces one at a time, gently dip in the batter and put in the frying pan, leaving some space in between. Shallow fried the paneer until they are light golden brown, from both sides.
- Take them out over paper towel, to drain the extra oil. Set aside.
- Blend tomatoes, ginger, coriander powder to fine paste, and strain the tomato mix. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a sauce pan on medium heat. When the oil is moderately hot add cumin seeds. (Cumin seeds should crack right of way). Lower the heat too low, add asafetida, turmeric, chili powder and cashew powder stir for a minute.
- Add tomato paste cook for 3-4 minutes stirring till tomato start leaving the side of the pan. Add salt and cream and about half cup of water. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add cilantro and garam masala stir and turn off the heat. Gravy should be pouring consistency.
- Pour the gravy over Paneer Pasanda.
Paneer Pasanda is delicious. For my upcoming holiday dinner I will be serving Paneer Pasanda with Punjabi Chole, Jeera Aloo, Boondi Ka Raita, Cumin Rice and Naan. The one good thing with this dish you can prepare this in pieces and assemble when ready to serve. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
31 thoughts on “Paneer Pasanda (Paneer Curry)”
Amazing recipe! Thank you sooooo much for your site, so many tasty dishes and without opinions and garlic, I’m a fan of yours Manjula!!!
It looks good. Learned something new. Thank you 🙂
This looks delicious! I will make this tonight for dinner.
Do you have a cookbook I can buy? I have tried a lot of your recipes and they are all so delicious!!! You are a wonderful cook and a wonderful teacher.
I’d like to make this dish for a friend who can eat cheese, but not cream. Do you think coconut milk would work in place of the cream?
Mirandamom, coconut milk will work.
Hi munjala, you are the best cook with out onion and garlic,we don’t eat onion and garlic, u made my life so easy thank you for ur delicious recipes!Hare krisna.
I tried this recipe today for my family and they ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!!!
Thankyou so much for a wonderful recipe. ????
God Bless You
Wonderful website. Lots of helpful info here.
Barbara, Thank you
I love the fact that she does not use onion and garlic, just right for people like us who don’t consume onion and garlic.
Thanks Aunty, your recipes are an absolute delight! 🙂
You are so awesome I am a student and live abroad it was difficult for me to cook but byvyour receipe it made life so easy.
Happy New Year.
Thank you for posting new recipes.
God Bless You.
Thank you Manjula ji, nice n delicious dish.
Paneer Pasanda is my favourite dish order at restaurant. Love to read the recipe
Manjula, you are the best cook I know… I love to try your recipes. I have done so for years and everyone enjoys them…thank you so much for sharing. Your smiles bless me when I am cooking.
Melo, Thank you
Easy and nice thanks
Can all the diwali recipes be made 1 day ahead? Will they hold up well?
you can make them day before
This recipe sounds heavenly. However, my wife suffers from lactose intolerance. So, I was wondering if the gravy could be used in another dish, one that does not have paneer as its center piece. (The little bit of cream in the gravy recipe is not enough to trigger a response in my wife). Would you happen to have any suggestions?
Lee, this gravy can be use in any gravy base disk.
Amazing Dish with Amazing Taste.
Manjula madam, your recipes are awesome. I tried naan,paneer bruschetta, pizza. They came out really well. Will try this paneer pasanda soon. THANK YOU Very much for your recipes.
Rathi, Thank you
A very easy to follow recipe. Looks yum and tempting. Thank you Manjula for the demonstration.
You must log in to post a comment.