Paneer Pakora is a delicacy! Marinated paneer (Indian cheese) dipped in a batter and fry makes a crispy, mouthwatering appetizer. Crispy outside and soft inside, these pakoras are addicting! A perfect snack with afternoon tea.
- 4 oz paneer thinly slice in about 1” squares this will make about 14-16 slices
- 2 tbsp yogurt dahi, curd
- 4 tbsp corn starch arrowroot
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cilantro finely chopped hara dhania
- 1/2 cup besan gram flour
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds jeera
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup water use as needed
- Marinate the paneer: In a mixing bowl combine the yogurt, corn starch, salt, ginger, green chili, and cilantro. Mix well, to the consistency of a soft paste. Add the paneer pieces and gently coat them with the yogurt mixture. Set aside one hour or more.
- For batter: mix the besan, cumin seeds, salt and baking soda. Add water slowly to make a thick, pasty batter.
- Heat about one inch of oil in a frying pan over medium high heat. To test, put one drop of batter in the oil. The batter should form a small ball on the surface of the pan, but not change color.
- Dip the marinated paneer slices in the batter one at a time. Drop slowly into the frying pan. Fry the pakoras in small batches. The pakoras will take about four to five minutes to cook. Turn them occasionally, until both sides are golden brown.
- Repeat for the remaining batches.
- The crispy, delicious paneer pakoras are ready
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Originally posted 2013-04-03 21:54:19.