Paneer Kheer with Strawberry is a delightful dessert. This Paneer and strawberry dessert is a sure winner especially when you want to serve a unique paneer delicacy.
Recipe will serve 6.
- 2-1/4 cup whole milk
- 1-1/2 cup shredded paneer
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch (arrowroot)
Strawberry Topping for Garnishing
- 1 cup chopped strawberry
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon corn starch (arrowroot)
- Few drops of lemon juice
- In a small bowl mix the corn starch with 1/4 cup of milk and set aside.
- In a heavy bottom pan boil 2 cups of milk over medium high heat. Wet inside of the pan with water and put about 2 tablespoons of water before pouring the milk in a pan this prevents the burning of the milk in bottom of the pan. Stir the milk occasionally.
- After milk comes to boil reduce the heat to medium and let it boil for about 10-12 minutes.
- Add the corn starch and mix it well, there should no lumps, after milk comes to boil let it boil for additional 2-3 minutes
- Add the sugar and shredded paneer stir and let it boil for 4-5 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Paneer Kheer should have consistency of a thick batter. This should be chilled before serving.
- In a small bowl mix corn starch with about 1 tablespoons of water and set aside.
- In a small pan cook strawberry and sugar together mix it and let it come to boil. Add corn starch; mix it well after it comes to boil turn off the heat. Strawberry topping is ready. This also should be chilled before using.
In an individual serving bowl put about ¼ cup Paneer Kheer and top it with strawberry.
You can serve this just as Paneer Kheer, while cooking don’t use corn starch and don’t garnish with strawberries. To flavor the Kheer add 1/8 teaspoon of cardamom powder and few sliced of almonds and or pistachios. Serve chilled.
Originally posted 2013-02-10 01:55:30.
21 thoughts on “Paneer Kheer with Strawberry”
In your video , you mention that you used 4 oz of paneer. But when I shredded 4 oz of paneer, it’s one cup filled to the top. Or a little more. Nowhere near 1.5 cups.
Hi mam it like so yummy I have a doubt mam can I use corn flour instead of corn starch mam? Whether both or same? I don’t get corn starch here? I have only corn flour.. whether it will taste yum if I add cornflour mam plz do reply me mam?
Preethi, both are the same
Can we make this paneer Kheer without corn starch or corn flour ?? If yes than how ??
Moneeka, boil the milk longer for thickness.
Could you pls tel me the measurements for 14 people1
Sobana, multiply the recipe 3 time
How may I convert this recipe for 3 people? And for 12 people?
Can I use triangle cheese for this recipe i think this made of cows milk n chedder cheesethts kids r eating most of the time easily available here in saudia cottage cheese really difficult 2 find here
nosheen, You need to use paneer
I watched the video & i try it . I want to know that why can we add cornflour. My family member like it even my kids love it so much.please reply soon.
You can substitute corn starch for corn flour
Thanks for this recipe. i have prepared this dessert twice and the furst time it tasted just great and everyone loved it.
But when I made it the second time for some reason the milk remained thin and did not thicken as expected after adding corn starch. I used 2 percent fat milk. The only diff in prep I did this time was adding paneer first and then corn starch.
Can pls help me know what cud have been the reason and if this can be fixed.
take the milk from kheer and boil more because you used 2percent milk and may be add little more corn starch
Thanks for the advice mam. I will try that. Also we still did enjoy the dish as kheer…
Thanks again.. Shrie
can we replace anything with corn starch
Hi, is it okay to use home made paneer? Please let me know soon.
You can use home made paneer you will not be able to shred it just crumble the paneer.
Thank you for your reply Aunty. I love your recipes especially since they are Jain friendly 🙂 thanks again.. Will surely try this!
good one. i enjoyed watching it thoroughly. i love such dishes for dessert. i am going to make it soon. looked interesting, different and most imp easy.
my daughter is 3. 5 yrs old and she can watch your recipes for atleast 2 hours. one after the other. she enjoys watching, questions me regarding spices, why you used one particular spice, mom lets make it today, i know how to make it now etc etc. she is a good eater, eats anything and everything so she likes trying out your dishes. i would have been lazy to try elaborate recipes but just because she wants to try out what u cooked i have to make it and she makes sure she is with me all throughout the cooking. she wants to be a chef after watching u. thank u.
Thank you, and lots of hugs to your daughter, I love it.
You must log in to post a comment.