Recipe submitted by Pooja Agrawal
Paneer Baby-corn Bell-pepper stir Fry is very simple, easy and quick dish that also looks beautiful because of the colorful vegetables used. It goes well with both rice and chapati. It can be prepared in a few minutes. Kasuri Methi (dried fenugreek leaves) here i used, is the main ingredient which has bitter taste and a characteristic smell. Here it is used with cottage cheese / paneer, bell pepper and baby corn. In this recipe, the soft textures of the corn and paneer is beautifully balanced by the crunchiness of the bell pepper and onion.
- 1 cup Paneer cubed
- 12-15 Baby corn
- 1 onion medium
- 1 medium Green capsicum
- 1 small yellow bell pepper
- 1 small red bell pepper (optional)
- 2 tomatoes medium
- 1/3 cup mushroom sliced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 teaspoon Jeera Powder (Roasted cumin seed Powder)
- 1 teaspoon kasuri Methi
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Cut the baby corn into one inch sized pieces. Wash, halve and de-seed and dice capsicums and tomatoes into one inch sized pieces. Peel, wash and dice onions into one inch sized pieces.
- Dip the paneer in hot water for 2-3 minutes. (they become fresh and soft)
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan on high flame, add butter and diced onions, then stir fry it for 2 minutes.
- Now add capsicums, tomatoes, baby corn, turmeric powder, red chili powder, jeera powder, kasuri methi and salt. Mix well and Sauté it on medium heat till all the vegetables become slightly soft (about 2-3 minutes).
- Next, add cubed Paneer and mushroom, mix well and stir fry it for 1-2 minutes.
- Garnish with Cilantro and serve hot immediately.
For the crunchiness of this dish, serve immediately or cook it just right before serving.
Father’s Day Note:
Happy Father’s Day! Today’s recipe is for my Father. My Father is a protective shield for me and protecting me against all the problems of my life. Thank him for being my strong support in my life. I am away from my country since last 4 years. Last year my father paid a visit to me out of his busy schedule only for me. During his 15 days stay I was so excited and prepared a lot of dishes. He loved all of them and Paneer Baby-corn Bell pepper stir fry is one of his favorites and today I am missing him so much!