Recipe submitted by Priscilla
Open-faced Grilled Feta sandwich is a wonderful combination of feta cheese and Garlic giving this grilled veggie recipe the kick that can easily be any ones favorite. Serve it along with a potato salad for a complete meal.
Time for preparation: 45 minutes
- ¼ Cup Sour Cream
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 zucchini, sliced horizontally into 6 pieces
- ½ red onion, sliced
- ¼ cup sliced red bell peppers
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced horizontally into 6 pieces
- 3 pieces of Multi Grain sliced bread
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
For Potato Salad
- 2 small red skin potatoes diced into cubes
- 2 small yellow potatoes diced into cubes
- Canola Oil: 3 Tbsp
- Dijon Mustard Sauce: ¾ tsp
- Vinegar: 1 tsp
- Celery Salt: ¼ tsp
- Black Pepper: ½ tsp
- In a bowl, mix the Sour cream, minced garlic, and lemon juice. Set aside in the refrigerator till we are ready to make the sandwiches
- Boil the potatoes for 10 Minutes until tender. Once done, drain the potatoes
- Preheat the grill for high heat.
- Brush vegetables with olive oil on each side. Place bell peppers and zucchini closest to the middle of the grill, and set onion and squash pieces around them. Cook for about 3 minutes, turn, and cook for another 3 minutes. The peppers may take a bit longer. Remove from grill, and set aside.
- Spread some of the 1/3rd of the cream mixture on one side of the bread, and sprinkle each one with feta cheese. Place on the grill cheese side up. This will warm the bread, and slightly melt the cheese. Watch carefully so the bottoms don’t burn. Remove from grill.
- Layer with the vegetables. Place two pieces of Squash, then two pieces of Zucchini, 3-4 pieces of Onion rings, and 2 pieces Red bell pepper..
- For the potato salad dressing, whisk together the canola oil, vinegar, Mustard Sauce, celery salt, Black pepper.
- Toss the potatoes with half the dressing. Let it sit for 10 minutes. Then toss the potatoes with the remaining dressing.
- Enjoy as open faced grilled sandwiches