Nariyal Ka Ladoo
Nariyal Ka Ladoo or Coconut Ladoo, a delicious homemade sweet also can be serve as a candy. This is easy to prepare. One of the simplest recipe to make with few ingredients.
- 2 cups fresh grated coconut I am using frozen grated coconut, easily available in Indian grocery stores
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp coconut powder for garnishing, optional
- In a non-stick heavy bottom frying pan add all the ingredients, cream, milk, coconut and sugar, bring it to boil over medium high heat, stir occasionally. After coconut mix comes to boil reduce the heat to medium.
- Lower the heat to medium and let it cook for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally, scraping the sides (otherwise sides will start browning the mix), until mixture start coming together.
- Lower the heat to low medium, and stir continually this will be consistency of soft dough. This should take about 5 minutes. Turn of the heat.
- Transfer mixture to the plate, let the mix sit for about 10 minutes, then divide into 12 equal parts or make the size of ladoo you prefer. Roll them between you palm and shape them in round balls.
Suggestion You can also make this as burfi. To make burfi pour the coconut mix over flat plate and press it half inch thick in square shape. Let it sit for five to six hours and cut them in square shape. Nariyal burfi will be little soft in texture. If you like coconut you will love this delicious burfi. Enjoy! With your family and friends.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
20 thoughts on “Nariyal Ka Ladoo – Coconut Ladoo”
Can you please share the brand of frozen coconut?
Rashmi, I use deep frozen shredded coconut
This is a simple recipe to make coconut laddu. I love coconut laddu.But I never make this because of the complicated process of making this.Thanks for sharing a wonderful recipe.
My ladoo is soft n chewy. how to make it hard. and how long we can keep it for?
can i use dry sweetened coconut .i dont have fresh at home and i want to try this recepie
Jeet, try boil the coconut little longer to make the texture little soft
My milk looks like paneer after adding dessicated coconut. Please help.
I am very fond of coconut dishes.
What a great recipe! Thanks for sharing.
Manjula, your recipes are always amazing, thanks for sharing your cooking skills with us! A comment about this recipe- despite following directions and especially measures, it took a long time to get liquids to evaporate enough. And then had to form laddoos and leave them uncovered in fridge to dry out over two days (and they tasted of fridge afterwards). Note I used thawed frozen coconut as you suggested in your recipe, maybe that had excess moisture. Would you advise using less liquid the next time- maybe skip the milk or cut in half? Thanks in advance for your advice
Beth, sorry to hear that, before I do any video I try my best and make the recipe several time, I am going to try again and see what can go wrong.
The nariyal ka laddu prepared with this simple cooking recipe gets its unique and mouth watering flavour. Just Can not wait to have it.
Can I used condensed milk for sweetnessinstead of sugar
Savita, try, it is always good to try out differently and make it into your recipe.
This is my favorite .Thanks for posting
Can I use dried coconut in this recipe if yes then how if not then what else can I make using dried coconut as we have so many dried coconuts at home of Bhai dooj.
Dried coconut will work, take 1-1/2 cup coconut and every thing will remain the same
I am very fond of coconut dishes from my childhood. Very Nice Recipe. Will definitely try.
Wonderful recipe.. Looks delicious.. I just loved this yummy recipe. Thanks for sharing 🙂
Kavya, Thank you, I appreciate
You must log in to post a comment.