Nariyal Ka Ladoo
Nariyal Ka Ladoo or Coconut Ladoo, a delicious homemade sweet also can be serve as a candy. This is easy to prepare. One of the simplest recipe to make with few ingredients.
- 2 cups fresh grated coconut I am using frozen grated coconut, easily available in Indian grocery stores
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp coconut powder for garnishing, optional
- In a non-stick heavy bottom frying pan add all the ingredients, cream, milk, coconut and sugar, bring it to boil over medium high heat, stir occasionally. After coconut mix comes to boil reduce the heat to medium.
- Lower the heat to medium and let it cook for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally, scraping the sides (otherwise sides will start browning the mix), until mixture start coming together.
- Lower the heat to low medium, and stir continually this will be consistency of soft dough. This should take about 5 minutes. Turn of the heat.
- Transfer mixture to the plate, let the mix sit for about 10 minutes, then divide into 12 equal parts or make the size of ladoo you prefer. Roll them between you palm and shape them in round balls.
Suggestion You can also make this as burfi. To make burfi pour the coconut mix over flat plate and press it half inch thick in square shape. Let it sit for five to six hours and cut them in square shape. Nariyal burfi will be little soft in texture. If you like coconut you will love this delicious burfi. Enjoy! With your family and friends.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!