Moong dal with spinach
Moong dal with spinach is very flavorful tasty and healthy dal. Traditionally served with plain rice and roti.Serves 6.
- 1 cup moong dal with skin
- 2 cup chopped spinach
- 1 tsp shredded ginger
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 ½ tsp salt adjust to taste
- 4 cups water
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp lemon juice adjust to your taste
- 2 Tbsp clarified butter ghee
- ½ tsp cumin seed Jeera
- Pinch asafetida hing
- 4 whole red chilies
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Wash dal changing water several times till water becomes clear.
- In pressure cooker put dal, spinach, ginger, turmeric, salt and water and close the cooker.
- Cook over medium high till dal comes to boil.
- Now reduce the heat to medium and let it boil for about seven minutes.
- Close the heat and let the steam escape before you open the pressure cooker.
- Adjust the consistency of dal to your desire taste, adding boiled water as needed and mix it.
- Add lemon juice, and garam masala.
- For seasoning or chaunk heat the ghee in small saucepan, add cumin seed wait until cumin seed cracks now add asafetida, and whole red chili.
- Stir for few seconds and add cayenne pepper close the heat and pour over dal.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!