Moong Dal Fingers are a quick, delicious, easy to make snack. Crunchy on the outside and spicy on the inside, it is sure to be a hit with everyone!
- 1 Cup Split Skinless green gram Moong Dal
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- Ginger-green chilli paste (small piece of ginger and 2 green chillies)
- 1 Tsp Lemon juice
- 1 Tsp Chaat Masala
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 1/2 Cups Bread Crumbs
- Coriander Leaves (few Sprigs chopped)
- Salt – According to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Soak Moong Dal in warm water overnight. Drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together soaked split green gram , onion, coriander leaves, salt, garam masala powder, red chilli powder, chaat masala, ginger-green chilli paste and lemon juice.
- Add the bread crumbs and mix well. Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape them into fingers.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai and deep fry the fingers in batches of three to four until crisp and golden.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve hot with tomato sauce or mint or coriander chutney.