Mint chutney is a delicious condiment, blend of mint and cilantro combined with spices. Most Indian snacks are incomplete without chutney. Chutney also tastes great with a main meal. Try using mint chutney as a spread for your sandwiches – it tastes great!
Recipe will serve 6.
Preparation time 15 minutes
Cooking time 10 minutes
- 1 cup packed mint (podina) leaves all the stems removed
- 1 cup packed Cilantro (hara dhania)roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons green chilies chopped (adjust to taste)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 inch ginger chopped
- 1 teaspoons salt (adjust to taste)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch of asafetida (hing)
- Approx. 3 tablespoons water use as needed
- Blend all ingredients, except the mint and cilantro, into a paste. Add mint and cilantro, a little at a time, and blend until smooth. Add water as needed.
- Taste and adjust salt, green chilies, or lemon juice as desire.
- Taste great with samosa, vegetable pakoras….
You can make mint chutney in large quantity in advance and freeze it in ice cube trays. Store the frozen cubes in a zip-lock plastic bag. When ready to serve, defrost as many cubes of mint chutney as needed.
Originally posted 2014-12-03 11:14:23.