Millet Soup (Bajra Raab)
Millet Soup! Lately, I have been experimenting with some different recipes that are both healthy and delicious. I decided to try a recipe for "Millet Soup", which is a traditional warm soup in Rajasthan and Gujarat, and this soup is known Bajra Raab. Millet is gluten free and full of many nutrients. It is also super easy to make. It is amazing how a bowl of hot soup can be so filling and comforting, especially as the days get colder and darker. The main ingredients in this soup are millet flour, yogurt, and some spices to enhance the flavor. Enjoy! This recipe will serve 2.
- 2 Tbsp millet flour bajra
- 2 tsp oil divided
- ½ cup yogurt
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds rai
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds jeera
- ⅛ tsp turmeric haldi
- ½ tsp ginger finely shredded
- 8 curry leaves
- 1 Tbsp cilantro finely chopped
- 1 tsp green chili thinly sliced optional.
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ¾ tsp salt
- 2 ½ cup of water
- In a small pan over low medium heat add 1 teaspoon of oil with millet flour and dry roast for about 2 minutes, the flour will have a light aroma, turn off the heat, and remove roasted flour from pan. Note: millet flour should be at room temperature before adding to yogurt.
- Take yogurt in a bowl and add the water slowly to make lump free batter.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a saucepan over low medium heat, oil should be moderately hot add mustard seed and cumin seeds as seeds crack add turmeric, curry leaves, ginger and cilantro and stir.
- Add yogurt mix, keep stirring till it comes to a boil. Lower the heat and add millet flour, stir making sure no lumps. Let it boil for about five minutes stir occasionally.
- Add salt, black pepper and green chilies, let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve Millet Soup hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Originally posted 2020-12-04 15:13:38.