Bell pepper is also known as capsicum or shimla mirch. Masala bell pepper with great blend of spices, makes a very enjoyable side dish. This can complement any meal. Masala bell pepper can be served with roti, paratha or puries. I enjoy this with side of dal fry and plain rice.
This recipe will serve 4.
- 3 medium Green bell pepper seeded and cubed in 1/2” pieces this will make about 3 cup cubed bell pepper (capsicum, shimla mirch)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/8 teaspoon asafetida (hing)
- 1-1/2 tablespoon coconut powder (gola)
- 1-1/2 tablespoon sesame Seed powder (til)
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder (dhania)
- 2 teaspoon fennel seeds powder (saunf)
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chili Powder (lal mirch)
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder (haldi)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon mango powder (amchoor)
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- In a small bowl mix most of the spices, coconut powder, sesame powder, coriander powder, fennel seeds powder, red chili, turmeric, salt, and sugar. Set aside.
- In a wide frying pan heat the oil moderately over medium high heat, add cumin seeds as seeds crack add asafetida. Add bell pepper mix well lower the heat to low medium. Cover the pan and let it cook for about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the spice mix. Mix it well coating all the bell pepper. Let it cook about 3-4 minutes covered, do stir in between. Cook the bell peppers until they are tender but still little crisp.
- Turn off the heat, add the mango powder and lemon juice mix well.
- Masala bell pepper is ready.
Originally posted 2015-05-26 01:30:07.