I started eating mango thanks to my Thai sister-in-law and now… I can not live without!
Mango Parfait is a simple and yummy sweet recipe, which can also be prepared well in advance: perfect for a dinner with lot of friends!
Makes 2-3 servings (depends on the size of cups)
- 1 ripe mango
- 200 mL of whipping cream
- 1/2 lemon
- 3 teaspoons of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 biscuits (like “morning coffee biscuits” or what you prefer)
- sliced almonds for garnish
- Crumble the cookies very coarsely and leave them aside.
- Squeeze half a lemon and mix it well with sugar (remove the seeds!).
- Clean the mango and put in a mixer and whip until it is smooth and creamy. Then mix the mango puree with sweetened lemon juice and ginger and put apart.
- Whip the cream with the whisk of a food processor.
- Gently mix the whipped cream with the mango puree with a dipper.
- Compose the cups in layers starting with a teaspoon of the creamy mixture on the bottom of the cups and continue with a layer of cookies, then back to the mango cream, until you get to level (two or three layers are ideal).
- Place in the refrigerator and wait at least 30 minutes before serving with slivered almonds to decorate.