Mango panna cotta is a delicious, easy, light and refreshing dessert. Mango and coconut milk together makes it a layered, tempting vegan delight that is hard to resist.
for Cream Layer
- 1 can (14 oz) coconut milk unsweetened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoon agar-agar
for Mango Layer
- 1-1/2 cup mango puree, (I used 1-1/2 mango, mango should not be over ripe)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar use as needed depend on sweetness of mango
- 1-1/2 teaspoon agar-agar
Also need a setting/serving dish
I am using 5-1/2” x 7-1/2” pyrex/glass rectangle dish. You can also make them in individual serving bowls or glasses.
For Cream Layer
- In a sauce pan add the coconut milk and sugar, bring it to boil over medium heat. Boil for 3-4 minutes.
- Dissolve agar-agar in two tablespoons of luke warm water, add agar-agar and vanilla to coconut milk, boil for about 2 minutes, mixing continuously making sure there are no lumps. Turn off the heat.
- Whisk the milk for a few minutes and pour into the dish. Let this sit for about 25 minutes before adding the mango layer. Note: as coconut will cool it will be getting firm like jello, before adding the mango layer coconut layer should be firm but not settled all the way completely.
For Mango Layer
- In a sauce pan add the mango puree, sugar and lemon juice and bring it to boil over medium heat. Boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Dissolve agar-agar in two tablespoons of luke warm water, add agar-agar to the mango pulp, boil for about 2 minutes mixing continuously, making sure there are no lumps.
- Turn off the heat, whisk for few minutes.
- Pour the mango puree over coconut, coconut milk should be little firm.
- Refrigerate for about three hours before serving. Slice the panna cotta in individual serving pieces. White and yellow makes this look beautiful.
- Mango panna cotta can be refrigerated for 5-6 days. Enjoy!
Originally posted 2014-06-10 22:41:23.
43 thoughts on “Mango Panna Cotta”
Can light coconut milk be used?
Hello Manjula ji,Can we use milk cream instead of coconut cream?
tomar.ritu, yes keep the method same and it taste good
Pls suggest which other fruits can substitute mango..?
Lalita, any berries will work, I have also tried with plum, but I like the mango color the best
It’s a new recipe and I’m sure it will be liked by those who are on diet.
Dear Manjula ji, thank you very much for this wondrous recipe..
Is there a siitable replacement for agar agar.
Suba, at least I am not aware
Can I use heavy whipped cream instead of coconut milk? Do I still need to boil the cream like milk?
Charu, that will work, and will taste good
Deardi,I like this respite.But I want to know what is agar agar.Please let me know.Regards
Rozy, this is a see weed and you can find this Indian or Asian grocery stores
Cn we use normal milk inplace of coconut milk??
you can add cream
Nice recipe I must try this
Do you think this can be made by pouring in to decorative individual silicone molds? Like the decorative cupcake molds? Is the consistency such that it will come out easily after it’s made?
Reena, sounds good, and yes they will come out easily.
Hi…I have agar agar in grass like form.what quantity i should use with all other ingredients in same quantity as above? Thank you in advance.
Apurva, 5-6 string. cut them in small pieces and boil to make pasty
Lalith, try rice milk ot soya milk
Lalith, how about trying rice milk
Thanks for teaching us this good recipes.
Mango Panna Cotta and Coconut Ladoo are delicious in my kitchen!
Hi , is it possible to use veg gelatine if not able to find agar agar .
Renuka, Yes but I have never tried
Thanks! This was so good! I’m glad I took the time to make it. I used dried agar-agar strands instead of powder and it worked fine, but had longer boiling/more stirring to dissolve the strands completely.
Where I can find agar agar?
Indian or Asian grocery stores
Hi Manjula, Can I make this juice with thick mango juice? I have KDD harvest’s mango juice at home and it is quite thick.. do you think I can use it for making this recipe.?
What is the purpose of using lemon juice in the mango pulp? What is its function? Does it add to the taste or texture. Please explain. Thank you!
Adds a fresh flavor
Can I make this recipe in 2 days advance for a party ?
you can refrigerate this for a week or more.
How much water is used when you mix it in with agar agar? Thank You.
About 2 tablespoons
Hello manjula ji
Can we find China grass in walmart?
Sorry Walmart don’t carry agar-agar, but you can find in Indian or Asian grocery stores
and how does one puree mango?
I used blender
Can the knox unflavored gelatin powder be used instead?
Anju, I have never used but I am sure you can
wt is agar agar? plz reply
agar-agar is a sea weed good substitute for gelatin, also known as china grass
You must log in to post a comment.