Jaljeera Drink (Indian Flavored Lemonade)
Jaljeera is very refreshing drink. Best way to describe Jaljeera, Indian flavored lemonade. Jaljeera is a popular summer drink in India.
- 1/4 cup packed chopped mint leaves podhina
- 1/4 cup packed chopped cilantro hara dhania
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger adrak
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds dry roasted and powder bhuna jeera
- pinch asafetida hing
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black salt
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tamarind seedless imli
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup crushed ice
- Blend all the spices into the paste using enough water needed to blend. Strain the spice mix and squeeze all the spicy water out. Discard the roughage. Add the water, mix it and serve over the ice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
9 thoughts on “Jaljeera Drink (Indian Flavored Lemonade)”
its good …………
thank you soooo much for sharing your recipies and for your kind way to do it. It`s like I am together with my indian friend Thangam in her kitchen in Dubai.
Jaljeera is one of my favourite drinks in summertime but also in winter. Then I mix the spices with hot water and it warms from inside totally. The drink also helps with digestion.
All the best from Germany
I use to buy jaljeera packets which are there in market.I love this drink.Thanks for sharing this.
i had been watching this videos since many time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I like your presentation skills. Nicely described.
Sounds delicious, thanks so much. I love your site!
Thanks for this recipe. I haven’t had Jaljeera since my visit to India in 1996. Now I can enjoy it again!!
Aunty you look gr8, awesome recipe and you rockkkkkk!!
You must log in to post a comment.