Jaljeera Drink (Indian Flavored Lemonade)
Jaljeera is very refreshing drink. Best way to describe Jaljeera, Indian flavored lemonade. Jaljeera is a popular summer drink in India.
- 1/4 cup packed chopped mint leaves (podhina)
- 1/4 cup packed chopped cilantro (hara dhania)
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger (adrak)
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds dry roasted and powder (bhuna jeera)
- pinch asafetida (hing)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black salt
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tamarind seedless (imli)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup crushed ice
Blend all the spices into the paste using enough water needed to blend. Strain the spice mix and squeeze all the spicy water out. Discard the roughage. Add the water, mix it and serve over the ice.