Homemade Cream Cheese
This recipe for Homemade Cream Cheese is an easy recipe to make. Cream cheese is delicious as a spread on crackers, bread and also for making cheesecake.This recipe will make about 3/4 cup of cream cheese.
- 4 cups whole milk
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Heat the milk in a heavy bottom pan over medium heat, after milk is hot but not boiling add lemon juice. As milk will start coming to boil the curd will start separating from the whey, slowly it will separate into thick curds and whey will separate. Don’t let the milk come to full boil.
- Once the milk fat has separated from the whey, drain the whey using a strainer line with cheesecloth, or muslin cloth.
- Wrap the curds in a muslin cloth, and squeeze lightly, keeping it soft.
- Cream cheese should be soft, add the salt and whip it to make it smooth.
- You can also flavor this to your taste. These are my favorites for flavoring the cream cheese: black pepper, finely chopped ginger, finely chopped green chili, chopped olives.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!