Homemade Artisan Bread
There is nothing as tempting as the smell of fresh bread in the morning. With just a few ingredients and some advance preparation, anyone can make fresh, crusty artisan bread at home just like they do in the professional bakeries.
- 3 cup of all-purpose flour. Plain flour maida
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp yeast
- 1 ½ cup Warm water. The water should be warm to touch. approximately
- Also need loaf pan I am using 4.5” x 8.5” loaf pan.
- Mix your dry ingredients together. It’s easiest if you mix it with a wire whisk to make sure the yeast and salt are incorporated evenly. We will start by making a well in the middle and pouring our water. Just mix it evenly. We want to handle our dough very gently. Now you can pour water around the edges of the bowl and very gently mixing it with your hands. Do not knead the dough. Dough will be shaggy sticky.
- Cover the bowl loosely with a plastic wrap and leave it to rise overnight. The dough will double in size, so make sure the bowl is big enough to accommodate the dough.
- Prepare your oven. Place an empty baking pan on the very bottom of the oven. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Fill a glass of water and keep it right by the oven.
- This is a 4.5” x 8.5” loaf pan, but feel free to use any size that you have at home. Fill the pan 2/3 with dough to allow the bread room to rise. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Now, working quickly, place the loaf pan in the oven and throw the water on the baking sheet. Quickly shut the door.
- Let it bake until the loaf becomes brown. It may take about 30 to 35 minutes. When you take it out of the oven, let it cool for 20 minutes.
- Using a butter knife or spatula, scrape the sides and slide your loaf out of the pan. Your fresh, crusty Artisan bread is now ready.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
10 thoughts on “Homemade Artisan Bread”
I just made it today. I didn’t use a bread pan, just a silicone mat and I added Rosemary. So easy and absolutely delicious!!! Thank you for the recipe, I will be baking this often.
When does it expire?
Ree, few days
Superb recipe.. I will try this at home soon. Thank you
Can I use whole wheat flour instead of all purpose flour or half/half?
Leena, texture is not the same.
My e-mail concerns the recipe instructions for homemade artisan bread (https://manjulaskitchen.com/homemade-artisan-bread/).
You say ‘Cover the bowl loosely with a plastic wrap and leave it to rise overnight. ‘ … should the dough be refrigerated overnight or just left at room temperature?
Thanks for your response.
Bob, keep it at room temperature
Bob, at room temperature.
Hey Manjula, this is such an amazing recipe loved it surely gonna try this at home.
You must log in to post a comment.