Grilled Veggie Healthy Bowl
"Grilled Veggie Healthy Bowl" is inspired by my daughter-in-law, who enjoys light, fresh, and healthy meals. She suggested I do this video after trying my recipe out. It's hard to believe something this healthy makes such a delicious and filling meal! In this recipe, I grilled asparagus, broccoli, bell pepper, zucchini, and cherry tomatoes. I then toss the grilled veggies with spiced chickpeas and a homemade ginger dressing. The ginger dressing definitely adds a kick to the flavor. This bowl is also pleasing to the eyes as it's filled with colorful vegetables and the chickpeas add some texture, in addition to protein! This dish vegan and gluten-free. This makes for a great lunch. Or you can serve this as a side dish or make a wrap using tortillas or flatbread. Recipe will serve 2 people.
- 15 ounce can of chickpeas
- 2 tsp oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp roasted cumin seed powder
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chili
- 1 Tbsp shredded ginger
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- ½ zucchini cut in four length wise
- ½ red bell pepper quartered seeds and ribs removed
- ½ yellow bell pepper quartered seeds and ribs removed
- 6 florets of broccoli
- 10 asparagus trimmed
- Use the vegetables to your choice
- 1 Tbsp vinegar I am using rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp ginger juice
- Prepare the dressing mix all the ingredients together, vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, sugar, salt, black pepper, and ginger juice set aside. You can prepare the dressing even a few days earlier. This is my go-to dressing and I make this extra, so it is always ready.
- Grilling the Vegetables: preheat the air fryer at 350-degree F. Spread the vegetables evenly on a tray, spray lightly with oil. Air fry for about 6 minutes. If you don’t have air fryer grill the veggies in the oven or on the stove.
- Prepare the chickpeas, while vegetables are roasting, rinse the chickpeas few times changing the water. In a frying pan heat, the oil moderately, add chickpeas, stir fry for about 3 minutes. Chickpeas will catch some color. Add roasted cumin seed, black pepper, green chilies, ginger, and lemon juice cook and stir fry for about 2 minutes stirring occasionally, set aside. Chickpeas also can be prepared in advance.
- Toss the vegetables and chickpeas together and drizzle the dressing.
Do not overcook the vegetables, otherwise the vegetables will become too soft or mushy and will lose the colors.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!