This is a healthy and delicious vibrant green color soup. Green pea soup can be served with slice of bread or with rice.
Recipe will serve 4.
- 2 cup frozen thawed green peas
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste ( easy to make shred ginger using zester or fine shredder)
- 1-1/2 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/4 teaspoon fenugreek seeds (methi dana)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric (haldi)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala, available in Indian grocery stores
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
For garnishing 2 tablespoons of heavy cream is optional
- Blend the green peas into coarse paste using little water or no water.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan and add the peas, salt and ginger paste stir fry the peas over medium heat by pressing and scrapping from the sides for about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a saucepan over medium high heat, Test the heat by adding one cumin seed to the oil; if seed cracks right away oil is ready.
- Add the cumin seeds as they crack add fenugreek seeds and turmeric stir for a second and add water let it come to boil.
- Add cooked green peas, and cream, mix it well. As it comes to boil lower the heat to low medium, cover the sauce pan and let it cook for about 20 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Add lemon juice, black pepper, garam masala mix and cover for few minutes.
- Garnish with cream. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Enjoy this tasty Pea Soup!
Originally posted 2013-05-01 09:56:39.