Ginger Relish is very handy to have in your refrigerator for spicing up many different dishes.
Cut the green chilies lengthwise (remove the seeds if you like mild).
Chop the green chilies to match the size of the chopped ginger.
Mix ginger, chili, salt and lemon juice together and store in glass jar.
Before serving refrigerate the relish for 24 hours.
Relish can be refrigerated for about 2 weeks. Note: after a couple of days the green chilies will fade in color and will become milder in taste.
- Thinly slice the green chilies and ginger about 1 inch lengthwise and mix with salt and lemon juice.
- Mix the chopped relish with cream cheese and use as a sandwich spread.
- Lightly spread between grilled cheese sandwiches.
- Sprinkle over any chat.
- Use sliced relish to garnish any dal, rice, subji with gravy.
- The relishes’ juice can be mixed with olive oil to make a salad dressing.