This Fruit smoothie is a delicious and healthy drink, and also quick and easy to make. Fruit smoothie is one of my favorite summer drinks. This great smoothie consists of cantaloupes, strawberries, and yogurt with a touch of ginger giving a nice and tangy taste. Try this recipe for the perfect almost-summer drink.
This recipe will serve 3.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups cantaloupe cut into small pieces (kharbooja)
- 3-4 strawberries cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup yogurt (curd, dahai)
- 2 tablespoons sugar, adjust
- 2 teaspoons ginger juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup orange juice freshly squeeze
- 1 cup crushed ice
- Put the cantaloupes and strawberries in a blender and process on high speed until smooth, add yogurt, orange juice, ginger juice and sugar blend until everything mixed well. Add ice blend on high speed until there is no ice and smoothie is little frothy. Pour into glasses and serve.
Fruits should be ripe but do not use overripe fruits. Sugar needs to be adjusted depending on the fruits.
You will also like to try Arugula and Melon Salad and Chilled Melon Soup
Originally posted 2015-05-07 00:37:15.
9 thoughts on “Fruit Smoothie”
Using cantaloupe to make smoothie sounds nice. I often use banana and the fruits I can found in the fridge to make smoothie. Gotta try this recipe next time. Thank you for sharing!
can you suggest any alternate for kharbooja?
you can also check my blog for tasty reicpes
Vinay, blog is very impressive, I will be regular visitor, you can try any fruit of your choice.
This smoothie tasted awesome. My kids and hubby loved it. Thanks for the simple yet tasty recipe.
Hi! I am a great fan of your kitchen! I am a novice cook, learning the basics of Smoothies. Thanks a tonne for such amazing work! God bless!
Navneet, thank you
could you please explain what ginger juice is? Is it a bottled product or do you somehow squeeze the juice out of ginger?
Kay, Sorry not explaining, ginger juice I use fresh and very easy to take out shred the ginger, i use zester to shred and then squize with fingers.
I like this smoothie recipe but I would make one change to this by adding a banana instead of sugar for sweetness. Smoothies are more energizing without added sugar.
You must log in to post a comment.