Flax Seed Burfi or you can call this health bar. Flax Seed is high in protein and good source of vegetarian omega 3. This Burfi is vegan, gluten free and tastes great.
This recipe will make 24 pieces.
- 1/2 cup golden flax seed powder or meal
- 1/2 cup coarsely ground walnut
- 1/2 cup coarsely ground almonds
- 1/2 cup coarsely ground cashews
- 1 teaspoon crushed cardamom about 8 cardamoms
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Grease the 8 inch plate and set aside.
- Dry roast flex seed, over medium heat for about 1 minute. Add walnut, almond and cashew powder. Dry roast for about 2 minutes stirring continuously. Do not over roast the nuts, nuts will become oily.
- Turn off the heat. Add cardamom mix it well and take out in a bowl. Set aside.
- In same sauce pan boil the sugar and water together over medium heat. After syrup come to boil lower the heat to medium and let it boil for 1-2 minutes. To check the syrup put a drop over dry surface and check with finger syrup should be just sticky. On candy thermometer it should show 205 degree Ferranti.
- Turn off the heat. Add the nuts mixture to the syrup. Mix it well and quickly spread over the greased plate by pressing from all sides to keep 1/4 inches in thickness and the edges clean.
- Cool for a few minutes and cut them in about 1-1/2 inch square shape
Keep them in closed container; Flex Seed Burfi has a long shelf life.
Originally posted 2012-11-02 19:30:35.