Eggless Vanilla Mini Cakes, they are simply delicious. These cakes are moist and soft with the perfect amount of sweetness. The vanilla cake is nicely paired with hot strawberry sauce.
Preparation time 20 minutes
Cooking time 25 minutes
Recipe will make 6 mini Cakes.
- 1-3/4 cup all-purpose flour (maida or plain flour)
- 4 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup yogurt room temperature
- 1 cup milk room temperature
- 1 cup raspberry, use fresh or frozen
- 1-1/2 cup strawberry, use fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Cake molds
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Sieve flour, corn starch, baking soda, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar until creamy using the electric mixer on low speed. Do not over beat.
- Add yogurt and vanilla essence to the butter mix keep mixing on low speed and add the milk slowly. Mix will not be very smooth.
- Add the flour few spoons at a time into the batter. Keep folding using the whisk, until all the flour is incorporated in to the butter mix, Do not over beat.
- Scoop the batter into baking molds filling them about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes check the cakes inserting a knife in the center and it should come out clean. It took me 22 minutes.
- After cakes come to the room temperature take them out from the molds.
- First wash strawberries, and raspberries hulled and slice the strawberries.
- Combine all the ingredients except corn starch, in a small pot over medium high heat, bring to boil. Mix the corn starch with about 2 tablespoons of water making smooth paste and add to strawberries. This will make sauce creamy and will give thickness to the sauce.
- Lower the heat to medium cook for 2-3 minutes, stir continually. Turn off the heat and sauce ready.
- Top the cake with hot sauce. Enjoy!
Strawberry sauce is a great sauce for topping pancakes, waffles, ice cream, cakes and more.
12 thoughts on “Eggless Vanilla Cake with Strawberry Sauce”
How much flour should I use to get a 1 kg cake.
What is the difference between corn flour and corn starch….please tell….I really want to try this recipe
Hi Manjula Aunty,
I don’t have microwave for backing dishes.
I heard somewhere we can bake products in cooker also. Could you please provide eggless cake recipe for cooker?
Deepshikha, I have never used cooker for baking.
Any brand for Maida? Do you use bleached or unbleached flour!
Looking yummy cake. Thanks for sharing eggless cake recipe. Monginis.net is online cake shop who provides variety of cakes with affordable cost.
Please let me know the measurement of 1 cup, 1 tablespoon and1 teaspoon.
Is there any any difference in corn flour or corn starch??plz reply
Cake looks yummy.
Can I use the same batter to make 1 ROUND CAKE or cupcakes as I don’t have small molds….
Nusrat, yes I use this as a basic cake mix cup cake or just cake will be great.
My daughter is allergic to milk products . What can I substitute for yogert in this cake recipe. Pl. let me know. Thank you.
Rupal, Check the recipe for chocolate brownie, instead 1/2 cup all purpose flour use 1 cup and replace the coco powder with 2 tablespoons of corn starch.
You must log in to post a comment.