Eggless Melon Cake is a delicious cake made with cantaloupes. Kids and adults alike will enjoy this sweet dessert.
- 3 cups flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup curd
- 2-1/4 cup puréed orange-fleshed muskmelon (CANTALOUPE)
- 1-1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon or orange juice
- 100gm white chocolate
- Few drops of melon essence (oil base)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Sift the flour and baking powder together and set aside in bunt cake mould.
- Cream the granulated sugar and butter until fluffy. Add curd and beat them.
- Add the dry ingredients in two parts to the butter mixture, alternating twice with the melon purée. After each addition, stir the mixture until smooth. Be careful to clean the batter from the edges and bottom of the bowl. Then mix the batter on medium-high for about 2 min.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured tube cake pan. Bake 50 min., or just until a cake tester comes out clean. Meanwhile, prepare the glaze by mixing confectioners’ sugar with the lemon or orange juice until smooth.
- Cool the cake in its pan for 10 min., then turn it out onto a rack.
- In a double boiler or microwave .melt the white chocolate .
- Now Add 2 drops of melon essence and mix it
- Spoon or pour glaze over the warm cake.
- Decorate with some chocolate candy..