Dates and Nuts Energy Bar, Healthy Bar, All-Natural Nutritional Bar
2020 is the start of a new decade and like most people I’m sure you have thought about eating clean and healthy. My next recipe is for any new year resolutions and is called “Dates and Nuts Bar”. This healthy gluten-free energy bar is also vegan and sugar-free. The bars have a great nutty texture that tastes so delicious. This yummy treat is so satisfying for any sweet cravings! Because we all live busy lives, these bars make great snacks because they are so easy to take on the go. You can even give them to your kids as an after -school snack. Because dates are so sweet, they provide the perfect natural alternative to added sugars. They are sure to be a hit with friends who are avoiding sugar but still crave something sweet.Try these bars as a healthy alternative to cookies and other sweet treats. You will feel amazing.
- 1 ½ cup pitted dates cut into small pieces
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup coconut powder
- ⅓ cup flax seed meal
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup roasted Walnuts roughly chopped
- ½ cup roasted Almond roughly chopped
- ½ cup roasted Cashews roughly chopped
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp pumpkin seeds
- Soften the chopped dates in microwave for 30 seconds, doing this makes dates soft and easy to work.
- Blend the dates in the food processor until they become to the paste, this should take about 15 seconds. Add flex seed meal, and cocoa powder and salt to the food processor and blend it until all the ingredients incorporated. This should take about 15 second.
- Add the roasted and chopped nuts walnuts, almonds, and cashew nuts. Blended it until all the ingredients incorporated, but nuts should be still chunky this should take about 20 seconds of blending.
- Remove the mix from food processor, and make it into 2 balls, roll it into about 1/4-inch-thick, sprinkle the sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds to the rolled bar and lightly press the seeds, so they stay into the bars. Cut them into your desire shape. I decided to cut them in bars.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!