This fresh cucumber salad is easy to prepare. The dressing is creamy, and a touch of fennel seeds adds a unique flavor. This refreshing, healthful low-calorie salad also looks beautiful.
Recipe serves 2.
- 2 cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cashews coarsely ground
- 1 tablespoon mint finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon black paper
- 2 teaspoon ginger juice *
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds coarsely ground
- Dressing; In a bowl, mix all the dressing ingredients well. Set aside.
- Peel the cucumber, leaving strips of skin. Slice thin, crosswise. The slices should look like half-moons.
- Toss the cucumber with ground cashews and mint to coat the slices.
- Just before serving, add the dressing. Mix it well.
- *To make the ginger juice, shred the ginger using a fine shredder or zester. Squeeze the shredded ginger with your fingers to get all
the juice out.
- If you are allergic to nuts make the salad without cashews, still Cucumber Salad with taste great.