Crispy Potato Balls, Potato Nuggets
These bite-sized appetizers are the perfect snack to serve as a tea time snack or starter at a dinner party. Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, these potato balls are just what you need to satisfy your taste buds. This recipe is my younger sister Kumkum’s recipe, and I am so glad to be sharing it today.
- 2 cup potatoes boiled, peeled and finely shredded
- 3 Tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ginger finely shredded
- 1 Tbsp green chili finely chopped
- 2 tsp oil
- In a bowl mix potato, about 2-1/2 tablespoons corn starch, and salt. Oil your palm and knead the potatoes, making into very smooth dough, if needed oil your palm again. Add the ginger and green chili and knead it again to incorporate all the ingredients together. If needed oil your palm again and dust the corn starch over the dough as needed.
- Divide the dough into 20 pieces and roll them between your palms, making them into smooth balls.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium heat. The frying pan should have about 1 inch of oil. To check if the oil is ready, put little batter in the oil. The batter should raise to the top but not change color right away.
- Drop the potato balls slowly in the oil making sure don’t overlap them.
- Fry the potato balls until they turn golden brown, turning them occasionally. This should take about 6-8 minutes.
- When they are golden brown, take them out with a slotted spoon. Place them on a paper towel to absorb the extra oil.
- Crispy Potato balls will be crispy outside and soft inside, that is texture you are looking for this recipe.
Serving Suggestion, Serve with tamarind chutney, recipe is on my website.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Originally posted 2019-01-13 15:08:46.
13 thoughts on “Crispy Potato Balls (Potato Nuggets)”
They look delicious..can the potatoe balls be baked in the oven.. If so, on what heat temperature and how long for?
Manjula your recipes are so easy to follow and more importantly they are sooo delicious.
Beverly, Thank you, I appreciate
Wow!!! Kids just loved it ????
I really liked your crispy potato balls recipe. Its so simple with few ingredients and looking yummy. Definetly will try this.
Manjula, your recipes are the best. I am going to make these!
Thank you for sharing these yummy recipes. I will try these crispy potato balls and will share the images that how they looked like..
Dine, thanks I will appreciate
i love this potato recipe… its new for me
Can you make this ahead of time and microwave while serving.
Varsha, not in microwave but you can heat them in oven
You must log in to post a comment.