This is a delicious pasta dish with fresh spinach and rich white sauce. It is my version of fettuccini alfredo. Creamy spinach pasta looks and tastes great.
Recipe will serve 2-3.
- 6 0z penne pasta approx. 2 cups uncooked pasta
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour (plain flour, maida)
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb mix
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes adjust to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup Mozzarella cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 0z chopped spinach without stem about 2 cups
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, add salt and oil.
- After water boils add the pasta.
- Cook the pasta until it is tender this will take about 10 minutes. Drain the water and set pasta aside.
- Heat the oil over medium heat and add all-purpose flour, then stir for a minute. Add basil, Italian herb mix, black pepper, and chili flakes, and stir for another minute.
- While stirring slowly add cream making sure there are no lumps. After it comes to a boil, add milk then bring it to a boil again.
- Add spinach, mix it well and let it cook for 2-3 minutes stirring continuously, then turn off the heat. Add Mozzarella cheese and stir.
- Pour the sauce over pasta and toss.