Creamy Spinach Pasta
This is a delicious pasta dish with fresh spinach and rich white sauce. It is my version of fettuccini alfredo. Creamy spinach pasta looks and tastes great.
- 6 oz penne pasta approx. 2 cups uncooked
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour plain flour, maida
- 1 tsp dry basil
- 1 tsp Italian herb mix
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes adjust to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 oz chopped spinach, just the leaves, about 2 cups
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, add salt and oil. After water boils add the pasta.Cook the pasta until it is tender this will take about 10 minutes. Drain the water and set pasta aside.
- Heat the oil over medium heat and add all-purpose flour, then stir for a minute. Add basil, Italian herb mix, black pepper, and chili flakes, and stir for another minute.
- While stirring slowly add cream making sure there are no lumps. After it comes to a boil, add milk then bring it to a boil again.
- Add spinach, mix it well and let it cook for 2-3 minutes stirring continuously, then turn off the heat. Add Mozzarella cheese and stir.
- Pour the sauce over pasta and toss.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!