Cranberry Relish is a spicy and tangy pickle that is a perfect addition to many dishes. Cranberry Relish can spice up any meal. It tastes especially great with sandwiches and perfect for the upcoming holidays!
- 2cup fresh cranberries cut in halved
- 2 chopped green chili adjust to taste
- 2 tablespoon shredded ginger
- 2-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder, adjust to taste
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds ground (rai)
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds crushed (saunf)
- 1/8 teaspoon asafetida
- 2 tablespoon mustard oil
- In a glass bowl mix all the ingredients.
- Heat the oil moderately in a small bowl, add asafetida and pour the oil over the cranberry mix, and mix it well.
- Keep the relish in a glass jar or glass bowl.
- You may serve this same day but it taste batter after it has marinated for a day.
- Cranberry Relish can be made in large batches; it has a long shelf life.
- This can stay out at room temperature for a week or refrigerate for about 2 months.
Originally posted 2011-11-17 00:53:05.